Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

.m file

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello

I have a .mph model. I save this model as a .m file and then I opened the .m file in comsol script and edited some parameters. Now, however, when I try to open this .m file in comsol multiphysics is gives me the following error:

600b.m' is not a valid COMSOL Multiphysics Model M-file.
- Callstack: flloadmfile.l_eval 135 error(evalin('caller','err_no_mfile'));
flloadmfile 30 [xfemobj,xfem,fem0,fem0obj,fem1,fem1obj,evalerr]=l_eval(name,xfem,fem);

And this happens for any .m file that I try to open.

Does anyone have any idea what might be happening.

Thanks
Marina

3 Replies Last Post 6 ago 2010, 15:48 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 6 ago 2010, 11:11 GMT-4
Hi

I have unsderstood that ou cannot open any "m" files directly in COMSOl since V4, you need to launch matlab linked to comsol first and then open it in matlab

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I have unsderstood that ou cannot open any "m" files directly in COMSOl since V4, you need to launch matlab linked to comsol first and then open it in matlab -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 6 ago 2010, 11:14 GMT-4
Hi Ivar,

Thanks for the reply. I actually have 3.3, so it should still be able to do it, right? I can open the m file in comsol as a text file, but I cannot open it multiphysics.
Hi Ivar, Thanks for the reply. I actually have 3.3, so it should still be able to do it, right? I can open the m file in comsol as a text file, but I cannot open it multiphysics.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 6 ago 2010, 15:48 GMT-4
Hi

v3.3 is so "old" for me that I cannot remeber how it behaived, I do remember that 3.5 could read .m files, but perhaps not v3.3 ones ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi v3.3 is so "old" for me that I cannot remeber how it behaived, I do remember that 3.5 could read .m files, but perhaps not v3.3 ones ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.