Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Export Data and read triangular mesh into e.g. Matlab?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I want to do analysis on a 2D electrostatic comsol solution in matlab. We don't have the LiveLink license and will probably not get it in the near future.

I am doing: Results / Export / Data, and exporting expressions for voltage (V) and meshvol.

I was expecting to get a text-file with three rows per triangular cell, i.e. coordinates and voltages for each node of a mesh cell.
A lot of the exported data looks like this, three adjacent rows have the same meshvol-value and the clearly correspond to a triangle in the mesh. However the exported data also seems to contain only pairs of rows where the meshvol matches - and I can't figure out what topology/geometry in the mesh that corresponds to.

If I have a completely triangular mesh, shouldn't I allways get an Export / Data file where each group of three adjacent rows correspond to a triangle??

OR is there another good way of getting my solution into Matlab (again without the LiveLink product, since we can't afford it!)

thanks!

0 Replies Last Post 15 ago 2014, 07:20 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Anders Wallin

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.