Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Capillary pipe hits a hard stop and spoils/shoots its liquid

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everyone,

I recently moved to Comsol to finally tackle our problem, but though the first trials (capillary filling) were pretty straight forward, I am struggling now to properly set up the model for the real simulation. I need to simulate a capillary pipe that accelerates for some time and then hit something very hard so it stops and the liquid is supposed to spill out of the capillary. Is there an example I can use to learn how to set up my model? or maybe someone have the necessary steps already in their mind and could point me in the right direction? That would be super helpful, because I can't find the right approach atm Thx in advance

1 Reply Last Post 17 giu 2021, 04:53 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 3 years ago 17 giu 2021, 04:53 GMT-4

Solved by adding the movement (initial movement upwards) implemented by a (an inertia) volume force

Solved by adding the movement (initial movement upwards) implemented by a (an inertia) volume force

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.