Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

High Re K Epsilon vs Low Re K Epsilon Backstep

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi folks,

I am somewhat new to CFD (only been doing for some months ), and I have a doubt which I hope some can clear...

I am trying to implement a Low Re K-Epsilon turbulence model to a backstep and compare it to a High Re K-Epsilon turbulence model, to show that, in this particular case, the Low Re K-Epsilon turbulence model represents the situation better.

However, I get a pressure drop that is higher for the Low Re K-Epsilon turbulence model than the pressure drop for the High Re K-Epsilon turbulence model...

Is this correct? shouldn't it be the opposite?
Or perhaps I made a mistake in the modelling step?

Hope someone can help!

Best Regards,

Rui Silva

0 Replies Last Post 20 feb 2012, 09:23 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Rui Silva

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.