Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Deformation under constant pressure

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am trying to fill and then maintain a chamber with constant pressure, then look at the deformation of one side. Similar to a balloon. But I want to know how do I cause the deformation using a constant pressure.

I tried a stationary Fluid Solid interaction, but I can't seem to get it to deform.

I also just used a face load in Structural Mechanics, but I basically received a balloon being pushed in the center, instead of pressure pushing in all directions.

1 Reply Last Post 2 ago 2011, 17:54 GMT-4
Nagi Elabbasi Facebook Reality Labs

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2 ago 2011, 17:54 GMT-4
A face load in a structural analysis should work. Make sure you apply it as a pressure and activate geometric nonlinearity. That way the direction of the pressure load (and the magnitude of the total force) will be updated with deformation.

Nagi Elabbasi
Veryst Engineering
A face load in a structural analysis should work. Make sure you apply it as a pressure and activate geometric nonlinearity. That way the direction of the pressure load (and the magnitude of the total force) will be updated with deformation. Nagi Elabbasi Veryst Engineering

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.