Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Display inner Boundaries

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hello

I have a 3D simulation with some 2D cut plane plots, containing surface plots etc. My structure consists of different regions made of different materials . I need to display the boundaries between the materials in my 2D plots.
I tried "plot data set edges" in the 2D Plot group plot settings but it doesn't seem to work as I would like it to. I chose for frame "mesh" "material" and "spatial" but the all look the same: I just see the outer bounding border of my structure but no inner boudaries. What is the meaning of this "Frame"-setting anyway?

Thank you
Clemens

1 Reply Last Post 16 lug 2010, 09:11 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 16 lug 2010, 09:11 GMT-4
Hi Clemens,

Just an idea: you can draw a boundary plot and as for the expression enter "1".
(just plain 1).

Hi Clemens, Just an idea: you can draw a boundary plot and as for the expression enter "1". (just plain 1).

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.