Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Boundary conditions - acoustic analysis

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I need to simulate sound transmission through the glass plate. I have two air domains (the glass is between them). On the bottom boundary (of the bottom air domain) I have the radiation condition - the acoustic planar wave (direction [0,1] - for easy in 2D). And now I have a problem. What condition should be on the rest of "air boundaries"?? I tried Za = 1.25*343 (for the air) OR normal acceleration = 0. BUT, I dont know if this is right or if there should be something completely different.
(on the glass boundaries I have the structural acceleration because I do the interraction of the acoustic field with the structure).

I would appreciate EVERY answer, please. Please look at the attached file for better explanation than my words;)

Wish you a nice day,

Katerina Novakova from The Czech Republic

2 Replies Last Post 8 lug 2010, 04:30 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 5 lug 2010, 04:55 GMT-4
Hello,

Assuming that you are interested in calculating the pressure at the other side of the glass, you may consider using PML (perfectly matched layers or absorbing boundary conditions) at the boundaries of your air domains. This will give anechoic conditions to your air subdomains, meaning that, there will be no standing waves or theoretically no reflected energy from the boundaries.

Onur
Hello, Assuming that you are interested in calculating the pressure at the other side of the glass, you may consider using PML (perfectly matched layers or absorbing boundary conditions) at the boundaries of your air domains. This will give anechoic conditions to your air subdomains, meaning that, there will be no standing waves or theoretically no reflected energy from the boundaries. Onur

Posted: 1 decade ago 8 lug 2010, 04:30 GMT-4
Hi Onur,

thank you, this helped a lot.
Greetings!

Katerina Novakova
Hi Onur, thank you, this helped a lot. Greetings! Katerina Novakova

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.