Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to automatically move component within design when solving instead of changing geometry...

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I'm trying to figure out some means of moving a bubble of liquid suspended in a different liquid over some electrodes and then looking at impedance as the bubble moves laterally....is there an easy method of automating this type of movement, or do I have to go through and manually alter the position of the bubble and run a stationary simulation for every value of x needed?

More specifically, I'm trying out some tests with the COMSOL electric impedance sensor model for version 3.5. In this model, the conductivity of the bulk solution outside the air cavity is defined by the equation sig_bulk*(((x-x0)^2+(y-y0)^2)>r0^2, is there a means of also defining the conductivity of the air cavity such that sigma is defined for <r0^2? And then in doing so, can I see the position of the newly defined air cavity change and the resulting waveforms plotted for a range of x-values?

Thanks for any help,
Eric

1 Reply Last Post 12 mag 2010, 16:37 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 12 mag 2010, 16:37 GMT-4
Hi

I'm not sure I catch you fully, but the expression

s*(((x-x0)^2+(y-y0)^2)>r0^2)

is just a bolean expression with value = "s*0=0" if false and "s*1=s" if true so that means that you have zero conductivity outside your circle (in this case)

if you write:

s = s0+s1*("your bolean expression")

you can combine any spatial or time dependence, no ? You can continue and build a sencond or higher order expression, at will

Have fun Comsoling
Ivar
Hi I'm not sure I catch you fully, but the expression s*(((x-x0)^2+(y-y0)^2)>r0^2) is just a bolean expression with value = "s*0=0" if false and "s*1=s" if true so that means that you have zero conductivity outside your circle (in this case) if you write: s = s0+s1*("your bolean expression") you can combine any spatial or time dependence, no ? You can continue and build a sencond or higher order expression, at will Have fun Comsoling Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.