Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

I have a question on simulation magnetic field

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi everyone,
I am recently using this software and I want to simulate a magnetic field around 200-turn coil with different core
shapes. but there is always an internal error 900 I did with all kinds of mesh normal ,...but this error appears.
in the simplest way I want to simulate just a 200-turn coil without core. but that error still appears.
please help me what I should do to simulate magnetic field around coils with different core shapes.
best regards

2 Replies Last Post 7 ago 2014, 11:08 GMT-4

Posted: 10 years ago 6 ago 2014, 12:45 GMT-4
I'm new myself, but have been looking at similar problems.

If you haven't done so already, I recommend checking the examples in the model library. There are two examples for the AC/DC Magnetic Fields interface that include multi-turn coils:
multiturn coil asymmetric conductor
ecore transformer

Both of those illustrate a functioning model including a multi-turn coil. The first model is a bit simpler than the second.
I'm new myself, but have been looking at similar problems. If you haven't done so already, I recommend checking the examples in the model library. There are two examples for the AC/DC Magnetic Fields interface that include multi-turn coils: multiturn coil asymmetric conductor ecore transformer Both of those illustrate a functioning model including a multi-turn coil. The first model is a bit simpler than the second.

Posted: 10 years ago 7 ago 2014, 11:08 GMT-4
thank u very much
thank u very much

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.