Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Comsol old version files not opening in Comsol 3.5a

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

I have old mph files worked on comsol 3.3 and now want to open in comsol 3.5a. Unfortunately I cannot open the old files in new version. I expect there must be compatability issue, would anyone help me please?

regards
Naveed

3 Replies Last Post 8 apr 2010, 08:45 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 8 apr 2010, 04:28 GMT-4
hello

I've had almost the same problem and solve it by using comsol 3.5 before using 3.5a
it might help

Alex
hello I've had almost the same problem and solve it by using comsol 3.5 before using 3.5a it might help Alex

Posted: 1 decade ago 8 apr 2010, 04:33 GMT-4
Hello Alex

Thanks for your hint. Do you mean first save in comsol 3.5 and then it will re-open in 3.5a?

rgds
naveed
Hello Alex Thanks for your hint. Do you mean first save in comsol 3.5 and then it will re-open in 3.5a? rgds naveed

Posted: 1 decade ago 8 apr 2010, 08:45 GMT-4
I had the same problem. Two possible issues:
-The solver algorithm changed. Try to save the model without solutions in the old version.
-Units like m^-2 have to be changed into 1/m^2.

Good luck!

I had the same problem. Two possible issues: -The solver algorithm changed. Try to save the model without solutions in the old version. -Units like m^-2 have to be changed into 1/m^2. Good luck!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.