Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

x and y polarization calculation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I am doing Photonic Crystal Fiber project. I want to analyze the birefringence, for that how can I calculate the the effective indexes in x and y polarization method?
I think it is with post processing tool.

How can I find x-polarization and y-polarixzation from a PCF structure?

Thanks in advance...

4 Replies Last Post 28 feb 2017, 09:05 GMT-5

Posted: 1 decade ago 22 mar 2010, 13:25 GMT-4
hey i my havimg same problem to calculate n eff in x and y dir.
Please help me out...
ifu know how to calculate birefringence let me know.

thanks.
hey i my havimg same problem to calculate n eff in x and y dir. Please help me out... ifu know how to calculate birefringence let me know. thanks.

Posted: 1 decade ago 10 apr 2011, 21:22 GMT-4
Hi
I am also with the same problem. If anybody knows, plz help us.

Thanks in advance

Anwar
Hi I am also with the same problem. If anybody knows, plz help us. Thanks in advance Anwar

Posted: 1 decade ago 8 gen 2014, 10:44 GMT-5
Has someone solved this problem?
Has someone solved this problem?

Posted: 7 years ago 28 feb 2017, 09:05 GMT-5
Hi,
I am also having the same problem. Please help me with this problem to calculate the same.
-Manuj Kumar Singh
Hi, I am also having the same problem. Please help me with this problem to calculate the same. -Manuj Kumar Singh

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.