heat transfer with surface to surface radiation and solid mechanics

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Good morning, I have to simulate the thermal effect of a box bridge subjected to solar radiation. Selecting only the external edges as surfaces subject to irradiation and subject to a thermal flow, the program gives me the following error: "External sources are radiating on boundaries for which only the opposite side has well-defined material properties. This may be due to erroneous definition of the boundary radiation directions or the opacity of the adjacent domains. comp1.rad.Fextbackside can be plotted to show the boundaries that do not have well-defined material properties."

the drawing of the box in question is a section and therefore is not a closed section. Another question, how can I tell the program that I don't have air recirculation in the hollow part?

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.