What coordinates does model.result().numerical().getCoodinates() return?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I use the COMSOL API to evaluate some expression. For this, I use a dataset that I have successfully computed in COMSOL (Solution 16, Tag: dset5). It is uploaded below.

My syntax is:

extract_w = model.result().numerical().create("disp_field", "Eval") extract_w.set("data", "dset5") # data set used for evaluation extract_w.set("unit", "um") # set units for evaluation

extract_w.set("expr", ["w", "dtang(w, x)"]) # set expression for evaluation

n_data_points = extract_w.getNData() # number of data points in data set node_point_coordinates = extract_w.getCoordinates() # what does this return??

My question is: What coordinates does the method getCoordinates() return? I checked and it's not the mesh coordinates. How are these coordinates selected?

0 Replies Last Post 15 feb 2024, 08:35 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Leo Kon

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.