Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Optimization objective remains the same

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear All, I am using using Nelder Mead as the optimization algorithm but when I run the optimization it is seen that the Objective is the same in the objective table. i.e it is not minimizing the objective function. Any help in this regard is appreciated. Regards Mahima

1 Reply Last Post 25 lug 2023, 04:17 GMT-4
Kristian Ejlebjærg Jensen COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 months ago 25 lug 2023, 04:17 GMT-4

You might have badly scaled controls. Alternatively, try replacing the optimization study step with a sweep over the parameters to verify that the controls actually affect the objective.

You might have badly scaled controls. Alternatively, try replacing the optimization study step with a sweep over the parameters to verify that the controls actually affect the objective.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.