Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

ray heating and pulsed laser

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have been trying to simulate the temperature of pulsed laser heating using the Ray Heating Interface (ray optics and heat transfer in solids couplings). It is a multilayer structure on the textured surface of silicon wafer, and we need to consider reflection and refraction, so Beer-Lambert and surface heat source model may not be available. So I chose the Ray heating interface of COMSOL with ray optics and heat transfer in solid and want to get the temperature Vs time. I want to define the pulsed laser power as time-dependent in ray heating source, such as 20 ns. I used an analytic function:exp(-4log(2)((t-3tau)/tau)^2)/(tau(3.14/log(2))^0.5) ,tau is laser pulse duration. This function is used as Total Source Power in Release from Boundary. The heat source power and the temperature can increase but they don't decrease. I don't know how to solve this problem. I appreciate a lot about that. !

0 Replies Last Post 21 mag 2023, 22:24 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Zhaoqing Sun

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.