Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Domain Point Probe Inconsistency

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi All,

Like many newcomers to COMSOL, I'm having trouble with the Results section.

As per suggestions on some other posts I've found, I have been using domain point probes to visualize a variable value at a given point in my model over time. Unfortunately, the plot of that variable is not consistent with the plots that I'm seeing of that variable over space (if I understand the plot correctly). It says the value is constant, but the spatial plot shows that it is not constant and is a different value

Does anyone know what the cause may be?

Question 2: is there another way to plot time evolution of a value at a point without using a domain point probe?

Question 3: In my spatial plot there is a multicolored shaded region - is that the evolution with time?

Thanks for any advice,

0 Replies Last Post 18 ott 2012, 11:07 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Darin Bellisario

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.