Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Shape not in interpolation curve not preserved

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm using an interpolation curve as a way to import a 2D geometry into my model. Figure1 shows the shape of the data I wish to import (as shown in Excel). However when I import this data, saved as a .csv file, the curve loses it's wiggles and becomes a straight line (Figure 2). This is not good. The imported curve has the same range in x and y values so I know the import is working it just has lost detail. I've set the relative tolerance to 0, 1, and 1,000,000. It doesn't have an effect.

Any input?

3 Replies Last Post 18 ott 2012, 14:36 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 15 ott 2012, 20:40 GMT-4
you are probably doing something wrong. It's hard to tell without looking at the model. Upload your model and the data file.
you are probably doing something wrong. It's hard to tell without looking at the model. Upload your model and the data file.

Posted: 1 decade ago 18 ott 2012, 14:30 GMT-4
Well I think I figured it out. When build the geometry the shape I was trying to get was not displayed correct. But when I solved the model, the shape of the geometry on the output was the correct shape. So there is something weird going on in COMSOL where the geometry shown was not correct.
Well I think I figured it out. When build the geometry the shape I was trying to get was not displayed correct. But when I solved the model, the shape of the geometry on the output was the correct shape. So there is something weird going on in COMSOL where the geometry shown was not correct.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 18 ott 2012, 14:36 GMT-4
Hi

then perhaps worth to send to "support" so they might check and correct if that is required

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi then perhaps worth to send to "support" so they might check and correct if that is required -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.