Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Creating an external Magnetic Field

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I am trying to model a superconducting wire under magnetic field. Since the design of a SC wire includes a circular variable dependency of the conductivity and the current density, I have to use PDE general form to model it. The model works nicely in 3D (attached) without the magnetic field. (Note: this file is without the solution so it is uploadable - the mesh is extremely fine so change it if you run it).

I have been trying for over a month now to apply that magnetic field. An external magnetic field seems like something impossible for COMSOL to comprehend; even when I try adding MF and current in Helmholtz coils nearby to create the field on the wire, it seems that the coupling of the H field in the MF physics and the H solution for the PDE are just not cooperating - they are not the same, and the solution, if it solves, is incorrect.

Please help me!
I need to create a A*cos(21*pi*t[1/s]) magnetic field on the wire while the current flows in it, how can I do that?

thank you very much for your time,
Shoval

0 Replies Last Post 2 set 2012, 08:35 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Shoval Zoran

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.