Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

simulation the magnetic field of a cylindric geometry

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello community,

i have the task to simulate the magnetic field between two spheres. The enviroment of these two objects is a electric conductive material. I choose a 2D-axis component, you can see on the attached file.

For the physics i combined "mf" and "ec". The first step of the simulation is to generate the current in the system (ec). That was no problem. With the terminal- and ground- selection option is a current, also a current density in the modell avaible.

After this step, the results of step 1 were used for the current density at the selection option "external current density" (mf). I embeded every direction (r, phi, z).

I thought the problem of not getting a magnetic field was the gauge fixing. The magnetic vector field is In-plane, so i get the option "Gauge Fixing for A-Field".

I don't know what the problem is, the 2D-plot with mf.normH is empty.

Have someone suggestios what i could change at my simulation?

Markus

1 Reply Last Post 3 lug 2022, 17:08 GMT-4
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 years ago 3 lug 2022, 17:08 GMT-4

If the current is primarily along the symmetry axis between your two spheres, then the magnetic field vector is in the azimuthal direction. That direction is perpendicular to an "In plane" magnetic field. With that in mind, did you formulate the problem correctly?

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
*If* the current is primarily *along the symmetry axis* between your two spheres, then the magnetic field vector is in the *azimuthal* direction. That direction is perpendicular to an "In plane" magnetic field. *With that in mind*, did you formulate the problem correctly?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.