Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Geometry units

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I want to draw my geometry in micro meters in comsol 3.5(a). Drawing it in meters gives very small view of certain portions. Does any one knows how to draw in micrometers?

Regards

3 Replies Last Post 9 ago 2012, 13:22 GMT-4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 8 ago 2012, 10:12 GMT-4
Drawing in units other than meters is a feature that was added at version 4. It is not present in earlier releases.
Drawing in units other than meters is a feature that was added at version 4. It is not present in earlier releases.

Posted: 1 decade ago 9 ago 2012, 10:56 GMT-4
But recently I went through a manual regarding MEMS and I found out that we can enter dimensions in any unit and than just supply the scale for the drawing. I guess this is how we can draw geometries in any convenient units.
But recently I went through a manual regarding MEMS and I found out that we can enter dimensions in any unit and than just supply the scale for the drawing. I guess this is how we can draw geometries in any convenient units.

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 9 ago 2012, 13:22 GMT-4
That manual has to be recent, because the feature you're describing did not exist until version 4.
That manual has to be recent, because the feature you're describing did not exist until version 4.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.