Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

viscous bubble moving in water flow

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I´m new COMSOL4.2a user. And I´m currently working on a simulation on the movement of a viscous bubble in a flow chamber filled by water.

The tentative model is set up as follows: First, I use two separate laminar flow physics for the oil blob and the water flow respectively. (I do not have two-phase flow physics installed. And I´m not sure using two separates physics in this occasion would be fine.) Second, I specify different material properties for the two fluids and impose a pressure drop over the chamber. Lastly, I use the standard triangular mesh for the two domains without setting up a moving mesh.
(I attached the schematics.pdf)

My expected result would be to observe the displacement of the oil blob in the water flow.

However, COMSOL seems to treat the oil blob region as walls and there is nothing happening there.

Hope someone can advise on this.

Best regards

0 Replies Last Post 22 giu 2012, 10:58 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Kun Cheng

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.