Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

update boundary load after deformation of the geometry in FSI

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

my 3D model consists of three physics: Thermoacoustics, Solid Mechanics, and Laminar Flow. two multiphysics: Acoustic-solid interaction, Fluid-solid interaction (which uses Moving Mesh(ALE)). I defined a stress that uses variables from acoustics and I use that as boundary load(Force Per Area) in solid mechanics, I need to update that BL after 0.1s by solving acoustics on the deformed geometry. I tried deformed configuration mesh(Mesh2) but it's giving wrong results for acoustics, I also imported deformed geometry and solved acoustics on it but FSI could not solve(undefined value: spatial.u, spatial.v, spatial.w), also solved acoustics on the deformed geometry(imported) Mesh1 and FSI on Mesh2 but it fails to find a source point. I'm wondering if it is possible in comsol.

Sincerely,

Mohammad

1 Reply Last Post 8 ott 2021, 08:50 CEST

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 3 years ago 8 ott 2021, 08:50 CEST

My issue is simple, I want to calculate force in the deformed Geometry and then apply it in FSI with initial condition (previous solution). please help!!!

My issue is simple, I want to calculate force in the deformed Geometry and then apply it in FSI with initial condition (previous solution). please help!!!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.