Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Floating License Issues

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everybody,

I have a question concerning the licensing. My university uses a floating network license for Comsol 4.2a. I have a model which uses two heat transfer modules. When I try to open the model file, I often get the error message, that all heat transfer licenses are already in use. When I try to open a file with only one heat transfer module, there is no problem, but the other file cannot be opened. Does every physics module in a file use a license? When I could open the file with two heat transfer modules, I can launch serveral instances of Comsol with files with more than one heat transfer module in use.
Another interesting topic is, that I can create new files with several heat transfer modules and save and open them without a problem. This behaviour seems not very logically to me.

0 Replies Last Post 2 mag 2012, 05:12 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Alexander Malzkuhn

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.