Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to set constraint or something to get a field with a constant norm?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hell, guys.
Now I'm struggling over this 2D PDE problem.
I'm trying to solve an eigenvalue problem, in which the 2D field has a constant norm but changeable directions in-plane.
But I don't know how to apply this constraint or global equation to get a constant norm result.
The physics here is:
I'm trying to find a relaxed state of a nanomagnet, whose magnetization should not change with space. So I want a relaxed directions of the magnet.
Does anyone have experience in this kind of problem?
Thanks in advance!

0 Replies Last Post 30 apr 2012, 23:03 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Kai Di

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.