Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to obtain this plot for the Luneburg Lens (model 11724)?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I came across the Luneburg Lens model on the model gallery (www.comsol.com/showroom/documentation/model/11724/).

However, the image showing on the web is not shown in the model file (see attached file). And, I cannot plot the "wavelight" wave that fill the image.

So, I wonder how to plot it and which expression it is.

1 Reply Last Post 21 feb 2012, 02:09 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 21 feb 2012, 02:09 GMT-5
Hi

I'm not aware of that one, but I have learned that the new particle tracking module can mimic optical rays, and perform ray tracing of that type. You should look in that direction.

But studying the image, I'm still woundering if that particular photo is not just a superposition of some rays draw "by hand" as the lines do not follow very well the field gradients, but it couls also be a (too) low order smoothing polynomial issue

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I'm not aware of that one, but I have learned that the new particle tracking module can mimic optical rays, and perform ray tracing of that type. You should look in that direction. But studying the image, I'm still woundering if that particular photo is not just a superposition of some rays draw "by hand" as the lines do not follow very well the field gradients, but it couls also be a (too) low order smoothing polynomial issue -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.