Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

mesh problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I would like to get help on this problem:

I model an axisymmetric cylinder which should expand its volume in r-direction. By using moving mesh physics>free deformation, a prescribed mesh velocity was applied at the selected boundaries.

In the result, the boundary lines (in spatial frames) did expand as what i want, however it was found that the mesh does not expanding together (as shown in the attached mesh.png).

Can anyone please tell me why the mesh did not expand? How can i make the mesh to expand together with the boundary lines (in spatial frames)?

Thank you so much for your kindness.

2 Replies Last Post 14 feb 2012, 04:10 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 14 feb 2012, 02:00 GMT-5
Hi

that can come from a few issues, most probably the mesh is displayed in the material frame in the plot.

To be sure check the numerical values of a point via the different variables x, X, Xm Xg whatever you have (i.e. use a coordinate frame to list the frames variable names in 2D-axi it's probably r R Rm Rg

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi that can come from a few issues, most probably the mesh is displayed in the material frame in the plot. To be sure check the numerical values of a point via the different variables x, X, Xm Xg whatever you have (i.e. use a coordinate frame to list the frames variable names in 2D-axi it's probably r R Rm Rg -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 14 feb 2012, 04:10 GMT-5
Hi Ivar,

Yes, you are absolutely right. I just realised that I should adjust the frame setting (from material to spatial frame). It works well now.

Thanks a lot for your help! :)
Hi Ivar, Yes, you are absolutely right. I just realised that I should adjust the frame setting (from material to spatial frame). It works well now. Thanks a lot for your help! :)

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.