Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Model Synthetic Jet with Crossflow

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to model a synthetic jet actuator with crossflow and ive been having difficulty modeling the synthetic jet actuator itself.

I tried modeling in 2D using the turbulent flow k-epsilon model using time dependent study. The model consists of a cavity with an orifice expelling into quiescent flow. I assigned the bottom of the cavity with an inlet sinusoidal velocity boundary condition and the rest of the cavity was assigned wall BC. The quiescent surrounding air was assigned wall BC and the top was assigned to be an outlet.

The frequency of the velocity bc is 200Hz so I have the time study setup 0,2.5e-4, .1 and when I go to solve it the solution either does not converge or it just gets stuck trying to solve it moving at extremely small increments ~1*10-8.

I am new to comsol so if someone has any suggestions or alternate ways of doing this. I am particularly interested to see how it could be done using the acoustic model, however, I have no idea how i would begin to implement it once I want to use a crossflow.

Any and all suggestions welcome!

Thanks,
Aaron

0 Replies Last Post 13 feb 2012, 11:15 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Aaron Sassoon

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.