Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

simulate solar radiation flat plate solar collector in comsol 4.2

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi, comsol user..
I have research about the simulation in flat plae solar collector,
i'm a beginner in comsol,
so I stiil confuse to use the simulation.
first that I have done
1. I have use solidwork to create the geometri
2. import the geometri to comsol using solidwork
3. parameter??
4. boundary condition?
5. the model?
so that is my problem..
my goal in this simulation is,
the effect of of solar angle to collector,

please help me,
how can i do this simulation

thank you everyone

2 Replies Last Post 24 gen 2012, 02:53 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 24 gen 2012, 02:34 GMT-5
Hi

the best is to read the doc gently, do a few examples, tutorials and look at a few videos. Select the one that are close to your problem, such as HT (heat transfer and radiative transfer)

Scan the Model library (do not forget to update it new examples come regularly) i.e. try the Heat Transfer Module- Verification Models - Cavity_radiation. Print the PDF and repeat the exercise, after a few you will be able to make your own model easily. But one advice: start simple with things you master from a book or an article, then go to more complex models

--
Good luck & have fun COMSOLing
Ivar
Hi the best is to read the doc gently, do a few examples, tutorials and look at a few videos. Select the one that are close to your problem, such as HT (heat transfer and radiative transfer) Scan the Model library (do not forget to update it new examples come regularly) i.e. try the Heat Transfer Module- Verification Models - Cavity_radiation. Print the PDF and repeat the exercise, after a few you will be able to make your own model easily. But one advice: start simple with things you master from a book or an article, then go to more complex models -- Good luck & have fun COMSOLing Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 24 gen 2012, 02:53 GMT-5
thank you Mr. Ivar..
I Hope I can do This simulation
thank you Mr. Ivar.. I Hope I can do This simulation

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.