Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Relative Error in dependent Variables

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I'm working on a model using the Turbulent Flow, k-epsilon module.

The model runs fine and I am then able to look at several different variables (Density, Dynamic Viscosity, Velocity Magnitude, etc.).

How do I get the relative error for these variables based on my solver conditions?

For example if in the log it reports my LinErr is 3.4e-6 how do I then get the error in velocity magnitude?

Thanks

1 Reply Last Post 24 gen 2012, 02:14 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 24 gen 2012, 02:14 GMT-5
Hi

from my experience, it's by analysing the sensitivity of the response to small changes of critical parameters such as the mesh density or main BC values. You have also the "sensitivity analysis" to perform in a more automated way, these analysis

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi from my experience, it's by analysing the sensitivity of the response to small changes of critical parameters such as the mesh density or main BC values. You have also the "sensitivity analysis" to perform in a more automated way, these analysis -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.