Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Frequency transient dont work

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi.

I choose from the model library model.
This model has a frequency of transient study.
Once there I will make some changes ,the frequency of transient stops working but the time domain
with the same setup is working normally.

Why because the only difference is that the time domain does not subcontract any frequency?

Thank veri much.

5 Replies Last Post 24 gen 2012, 08:58 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 24 gen 2012, 02:13 GMT-5
Hi

that means typically that the model is marginally stable, wr.r.t meshing density or BC values, or that you asked for something non-physical.
If you tell us which model (name) then perhaps one can also try ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi that means typically that the model is marginally stable, wr.r.t meshing density or BC values, or that you asked for something non-physical. If you tell us which model (name) then perhaps one can also try ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 24 gen 2012, 03:00 GMT-5
this model is Thermal plasma ICP

Thank.
this model is Thermal plasma ICP Thank.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 24 gen 2012, 03:12 GMT-5
Hi
which are complex models that take time to understand and solve, Unfortunately I do not have that module, so I cannot help much, it reminds me of my PhD time, but COMSOL didnt exist in those days, but how useful it would have been !

But there are others out there, hopefully

--
Have fun Comsoling
Ivar
Hi which are complex models that take time to understand and solve, Unfortunately I do not have that module, so I cannot help much, it reminds me of my PhD time, but COMSOL didnt exist in those days, but how useful it would have been ! But there are others out there, hopefully -- Have fun Comsoling Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 24 gen 2012, 03:17 GMT-5
another module is argon_gec_icp_mph

Thank,veri much.
another module is argon_gec_icp_mph Thank,veri much.

Daniel Smith COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 24 gen 2012, 08:58 GMT-5
The only applicable study for inductively coupled plasmas is "Frequency-Transient". This is because the induction currents are computed in the frequency domain and all other variables are computed in the time domain. This means that the time variation of the RF cycle does not need to be computed, allowing models to be solved thousands of times faster. If you think your model is not behaving properly then you should email support@comsol.com.
The only applicable study for inductively coupled plasmas is "Frequency-Transient". This is because the induction currents are computed in the frequency domain and all other variables are computed in the time domain. This means that the time variation of the RF cycle does not need to be computed, allowing models to be solved thousands of times faster. If you think your model is not behaving properly then you should email support@comsol.com.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.