Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

increase current leads to "Failed to find consistent initial values"

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all:

I am doing inductive heating, study type is frequency-transient. I choose "Coil Group Domain" to load current. When current is 1000A, comsol can compute but the temperature increase is very small; when current is more than 1000A, comsol meets an error "Failed to find consistent initial values".

I have attached the model, which is done by 4.2a.

Thanks a lot.

Vincent Zhang

1 Reply Last Post 11 dic 2011, 06:20 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 11 dic 2011, 06:20 GMT-5
Hi

have you checked how your model compares to the library "ih" model.
You must ensure you have defined enough BC for EACH physics, and then I'm not sure you need all physics in all domains, the air is normally not heated y induction, at best by conduction or convection (but I would forget the latter to begin with). Do the tutorial first, then you will find several fixes to your model ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi have you checked how your model compares to the library "ih" model. You must ensure you have defined enough BC for EACH physics, and then I'm not sure you need all physics in all domains, the air is normally not heated y induction, at best by conduction or convection (but I would forget the latter to begin with). Do the tutorial first, then you will find several fixes to your model ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.