Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Plotting a derived value

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I would like to make a 1D graph of a derived value (line average of a concentration over an outlet boundary) versus time, but cannot figure out how to do so using the 1D Plot Group tool. This seems like it should be simple, so perhaps I am missing something obvious, but I couldn't find anything in the user guides or discussion forum.

Thanks,

Nancy

2 Replies Last Post 30 nov 2011, 22:17 GMT-5

Posted: 1 decade ago 30 nov 2011, 22:10 GMT-5
I think you can define average variable function under model couplings. Then, you can use that function in the 1d plot and plot with time.
I think you can define average variable function under model couplings. Then, you can use that function in the 1d plot and plot with time.

Posted: 1 decade ago 30 nov 2011, 22:17 GMT-5
For example:

Model couplings->average (you can change the default name to any other name, lets say exitavgconc)
Then select the outer boundary.

In the one D plot group, select line plot. In the expression write exitavgconc(c) and then t for the x axis.
For example: Model couplings->average (you can change the default name to any other name, lets say exitavgconc) Then select the outer boundary. In the one D plot group, select line plot. In the expression write exitavgconc(c) and then t for the x axis.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.