Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Multiple simulation with different Feature size

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I would like to do multiple thermal simulations with increasing a thickness of water chamber.

What would be the best way? I am just running one by one manually.

Thanks.

5 Replies Last Post 1 dic 2011, 01:56 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 30 nov 2011, 14:21 GMT-5
Hi

you have several, but my first idea would be to use a parameter for the water height and run an external Parametric sweep on that water height variable (not a solver continuation one)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi you have several, but my first idea would be to use a parameter for the water height and run an external Parametric sweep on that water height variable (not a solver continuation one) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 30 nov 2011, 14:30 GMT-5
Thaks Ivar. Could you be more specific by giving me an example?

In parameter I thought I can only type numbers in expression.
Thaks Ivar. Could you be more specific by giving me an example? In parameter I thought I can only type numbers in expression.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 30 nov 2011, 15:21 GMT-5
Hi

you define a "Definition Parameter" i.e. Param = 0

you define a water height in your geoemtry box model as Height = 10[mm]+Param*[5mm] (my dimensiosn are arbitrary, use what corresponds to your need)

Then in the solver section you add first a PArametric Sweep, then your stationary or time dependent solver or whatever. In the parametric sweep you add the variable Param and you define a range i.e range(0,0.1,1) or whatever you find appropriate.
Then you solve, the parametric sweep will update the geoemtry, mesh, solve, change the parameter Param value, and loop around geometry, meh solver ...

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi you define a "Definition Parameter" i.e. Param = 0 you define a water height in your geoemtry box model as Height = 10[mm]+Param*[5mm] (my dimensiosn are arbitrary, use what corresponds to your need) Then in the solver section you add first a PArametric Sweep, then your stationary or time dependent solver or whatever. In the parametric sweep you add the variable Param and you define a range i.e range(0,0.1,1) or whatever you find appropriate. Then you solve, the parametric sweep will update the geoemtry, mesh, solve, change the parameter Param value, and loop around geometry, meh solver ... -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 30 nov 2011, 17:57 GMT-5
Thanks, Ivar. I really appreciate it.

In post process, I'm trying to show the temperature change on a specific point in structure (done by multiple Cut Points 3D in data set and display them all in 1D plot)

Is there any way of indicating Param value on each line?

If I choose the graph color as cycle, it looks very messy since different points show different colors.

Many Thanks.
Thanks, Ivar. I really appreciate it. In post process, I'm trying to show the temperature change on a specific point in structure (done by multiple Cut Points 3D in data set and display them all in 1D plot) Is there any way of indicating Param value on each line? If I choose the graph color as cycle, it looks very messy since different points show different colors. Many Thanks.

Posted: 1 decade ago 1 dic 2011, 01:56 GMT-5
Hi

I'm not sure I got fully the issue, but if you enter your data into a table you can order the table by lines or columns, but you will end up with, I believe in both cases, to have to edit the legend manually within COMSOL. Else you could use matlab and write a script, or export to excel, or matlab or scilab or octave or ....

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I'm not sure I got fully the issue, but if you enter your data into a table you can order the table by lines or columns, but you will end up with, I believe in both cases, to have to edit the legend manually within COMSOL. Else you could use matlab and write a script, or export to excel, or matlab or scilab or octave or .... -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.