Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Client/Server, Parametric sweep, "Export to File" problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am running Comsol in a Client/Server mode. The server is running on Linux, the Client on Windows. I use a parametric sweep. For each iteration of the parametric sweep, I want that the *.mph file be saved, as well as several graphs/data. I therefore use the nodes "Save Model to File" and "Export to file" in my parametric sweep.
Although my client is running on Windows, I found out that I have to set the path for saving the *.mph file on the linux server. After each iteration of my parametric sweep, a *.mph file is created on the linux server.
I added the node "Export to File" in order to save additional graphs/data at each itreation. I set the filename to a location on the linux machine. It did not work. I got the following error message after the first iteration, i.e., the first time when the node "Export to File" comes into play:
"Error in sweep: Unknown property. -Property: filename."
I then changed the filename to a location on the Windows machine. This resulted in the same error message.

The problem is described in a more visual way in the attached pdf. Does anyone know what to do?

Thanks a lot. Alois

2 Replies Last Post 2 dic 2011, 08:11 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 30 nov 2011, 14:29 GMT-5
Hi

I'm astonished that this hybrid solution works, and I'm not sure it was foreseen like that, so I believe the best and most complete reply would come from "support". Anyhow pls report back, Ifind it's of general interest
--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I'm astonished that this hybrid solution works, and I'm not sure it was foreseen like that, so I believe the best and most complete reply would come from "support". Anyhow pls report back, Ifind it's of general interest -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2 dic 2011, 08:11 GMT-5
Dear Alois,

I can confirm that this is a problem in COMSOL 4.2a; the filename issue occurs when using export to file on an animation node or player node in Export. We will add support for transferring the files from the server to the client in client/server mode. Fixes for these issues are scheduled for COMSOL 4.3.

With best regards,
Anders Ekerot
COMSOL Support

Dear Alois, I can confirm that this is a problem in COMSOL 4.2a; the filename issue occurs when using export to file on an animation node or player node in Export. We will add support for transferring the files from the server to the client in client/server mode. Fixes for these issues are scheduled for COMSOL 4.3. With best regards, Anders Ekerot COMSOL Support

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.