Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Heat Transfer modelling of a circular cross section

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am new to comsol. Can any one tell me whether the following geometry can be modeled for conduction (transient) heat transfer? I want to see the temperature changes at different time steps. Please help.

5 Replies Last Post 25 ago 2011, 07:44 GMT-4
Lechoslaw Krolikowski

Posted: 1 decade ago 19 ago 2011, 12:50 GMT-4
It can be modeled.
It can be modeled.

Posted: 1 decade ago 19 ago 2011, 16:23 GMT-4
Thanx. Can it be modelled using the existing equations in Comsol multiphysics? Because I am unable to model it using numerical schemes such as FDM.
Thanx. Can it be modelled using the existing equations in Comsol multiphysics? Because I am unable to model it using numerical schemes such as FDM.

Nagi Elabbasi Facebook Reality Labs

Posted: 1 decade ago 19 ago 2011, 22:07 GMT-4
Yes it can.
Yes it can.

Posted: 1 decade ago 23 ago 2011, 07:19 GMT-4
I have created the model in 3D but the problem is I can't put the powdered bed inside the vessel. Please look at pic and suggest where I am going wrong.
I have created the model in 3D but the problem is I can't put the powdered bed inside the vessel. Please look at pic and suggest where I am going wrong.

Posted: 1 decade ago 25 ago 2011, 07:44 GMT-4
The following figure is my 2d geometry without the metal powder bed. I am having problem setting up the problem. Mainly defining the boundary conditions. The outer shell is of steel and its in 350C (exposed to 350C hot air). I am unable to get the temperature profile of the structure at different time steps. The fins are at 30C initially. What is the best way to describe this boundary condition?? can anyone help me please.
The following figure is my 2d geometry without the metal powder bed. I am having problem setting up the problem. Mainly defining the boundary conditions. The outer shell is of steel and its in 350C (exposed to 350C hot air). I am unable to get the temperature profile of the structure at different time steps. The fins are at 30C initially. What is the best way to describe this boundary condition?? can anyone help me please.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.