Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

how to make a triangle in comsol 3.5a

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear users,
Does anyone know how to make a triangle in comsol 3.5a. Any help will be highly regarded.

thanks.

Cecil

4 Replies Last Post 5 ago 2013, 13:38 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 18 ago 2011, 01:57 GMT-4
Hi

draw lines close to the values you want with a mouse, then edit the numerical values the the final desired ones.

if its a right angle, draw a box, add the diagonal, then split the curve and keep only the three desired, combine the lines into a "solid"

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi draw lines close to the values you want with a mouse, then edit the numerical values the the final desired ones. if its a right angle, draw a box, add the diagonal, then split the curve and keep only the three desired, combine the lines into a "solid" ... -- Good luck Ivar

Yashar Entezarghofran

Posted: 1 decade ago 5 ago 2013, 13:01 GMT-4
I think the easy way is to select to draw a Polygen but you can set three point out of the five to sit on eachother, this way it will become a triangle.

Regards

Yashar
I think the easy way is to select to draw a Polygen but you can set three point out of the five to sit on eachother, this way it will become a triangle. Regards Yashar

Posted: 1 decade ago 5 ago 2013, 13:32 GMT-4
Use polygon feature. Define the x,y or (r,z) coordinates for the 3 points in the right order. Plot. This should work.
Use polygon feature. Define the x,y or (r,z) coordinates for the 3 points in the right order. Plot. This should work.

Posted: 1 decade ago 5 ago 2013, 13:38 GMT-4
Sorry. i work on 4.3.
Sorry. i work on 4.3.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.