Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Conditional disable of nodes in model tree depending on study.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have a model containing two studies (Eigenfrrequency and time dependant structural). I use the modal analysis to look at the resonance and then the structural to look at the peak stress with a deflection I specify. When swapping between the two studies, I keep have to enable and disable nodes. For example, I used a prescribed displacement in the structural analysis but holding the object with a prescribed displacement in the modal analysis will produce invalid results. Also, I add a little damping in the structural analysis to help out the solver, but don’t want the damping in the modal analysis.

I would find it very useful to be able to make nodes in the model tree conditional on which study is being run. Is that functionality available ?

Thanks.

2 Replies Last Post 10 dic 2018, 10:11 GMT-5
Magnus Ringh COMSOL Employee

Posted: 5 years ago 10 dic 2018, 08:42 GMT-5
Updated: 5 years ago 11 dic 2018, 02:56 GMT-5

Hi Dan,

This seems like a case where selecting the Modify model configuration for study step check box would be useful (in the Settings window for the Eigenfrequency study step, for example). You then get a copy of the physics part of the model tree, where you can right-click nodes to disable them for that study step (see the attached screenshot for an example, where a Fixed Constraint has been disabled for the eigenfrequency study).

Best regards,

Magnus Ringh, COMSOL

Hi Dan, This seems like a case where selecting the **Modify model configuration for study step** check box would be useful (in the Settings window for the Eigenfrequency study step, for example). You then get a copy of the physics part of the model tree, where you can right-click nodes to disable them for that study step (see the attached screenshot for an example, where a Fixed Constraint has been disabled for the eigenfrequency study). Best regards, Magnus Ringh, COMSOL

Posted: 5 years ago 10 dic 2018, 10:11 GMT-5

Perfect. Thanks Magnus.

Perfect. Thanks Magnus.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.