Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Controlling Dipole Frequency

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm a new user.
In Comsol 4.1 is there a way to control the dipole frequency? other than the frequency input in the study option.
In, 2D, frequency domain:
A box with a dipole in it.
Wave generated by a scaterring boundary condition but i want the dipole to generate at a different frequency.

The only option i see is a weak expression (-test(Ex)*mu0_const*emw.iomega) and am not sure as to the pupose of it, the dynamic help is not so clear.

I tried in the changing iomega (rad/s) at the specific points:
1-Define in global definition parameters:
ab=0[1/s] or 0[Hz] ...........O is only a coefficient.
2-In model-->definitions-->variables--> i tried to change the value of iomega corrresponding to the dipoles (selected only the dipoles to apply these changes inthe geometric entity level) and used
iomega=2*pi*ab[rad]=rad/s

I hoped that this will enter the value of iomega corresponding to zero frequency in the weak expression of the dipoles and i would see some changes.

But either the weak expression is some digested equation from comsol or is my logic wrong?
Thanks.

0 Replies Last Post 23 lug 2011, 14:12 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Adnan Chughtai

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.