Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Having problem with "Adding License File" to my account after old one expired

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

My old license file expired under my comsol account in this web page.
There was the option of 'Adding License File' but when I tried to add my new license file that I received from COMSOL by email, it didn't add. It was the .dat file that I added. (no message appears, just nothing adds)
I did use the path that they suggested. What could be the problem?

Also,
I have comsol version 4.2 .It works fine all the time.
However, I get license error when I try to open 4.2 MODEL files from Model Gallery in this web site.
Other older versions such as 3.5 opens without problem and when I start a new project for my own in my 4.2, it also works fine. It's just when I try to open 4.2 model files in the model gallery I get license error. The error says:
"-18. License server system does not support this product. "

Please help!

0 Replies Last Post 12 lug 2011, 18:43 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello JC

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.