Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Path integrals

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Path integration in comsol ?

I try to learn COMSOL basics and see Comsol capabilities.

In order to calculate the heat loss out of a cylinder shell (inner & outer surface of a "tube" inside which there is a combustion) a surface integral should be made.

Since I am just evaluating COMSOL, I tried to simplify the problem to 2D (the system has cylindric symmetry)

The tube simplifies into a thin rectangle in 2D, and on the top wall there heat inflow, and the lateral and bottom wall there is a heat outflow. I would like to calculate the overall heat flow along a closed path on my 2D system, to ensure it is zero. But I do not know whether Path integrals can be defined in comsol....

Too difficult for me. : - < !

A.

0 Replies Last Post 7 dic 2009, 06:01 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello albertp albertp

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.