Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Skineffect in 3D-modeling

Christian Wiedenegger

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
i've recently started to work with COMSOL 4.1 (AC/DC-Modul) and so first of all i started modeling some 2D models like the "Skin effect in a circular wire".

Now my question is, how can i transfere the knowledge from the 2D-Model (using the magnetic field interface => surface current), to a equivalent 3D-model?
I've been trying it once but it didn't work, because i had some problems in case of choosing the correct interface respectively the current source or boundary conditions.

The 3D-model should contain a one-turne helix-coil or just a single Cu-wire, with a currentsetting, in the first step. Later on the model would be expanded to a more complex system.

HAs anyone a hint to solve this problem?

thx
Chris

5 Replies Last Post 18 mar 2012, 12:49 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 31 mag 2011, 05:41 GMT-4
First of all, do you really need to go into 3D? If you really need, have a look at the "Helmoltz coil" tutorial. It will help you to set correctly the current source and the boundary conditions. Good luck.

--
L. Queval
First of all, do you really need to go into 3D? If you really need, have a look at the "Helmoltz coil" tutorial. It will help you to set correctly the current source and the boundary conditions. Good luck. -- L. Queval

Posted: 1 decade ago 8 lug 2011, 12:29 GMT-4
hello Christian...

I'm recently started working with comsole, for a project in the university I need to model the skin effect in a semiconductor, so i want to know if you can give me some tips about how to start the modeling.
the model is in 2D, I have the 3.4 COMSOLE version.

I'd appreciate it a lot...

Thanks
hello Christian... I'm recently started working with comsole, for a project in the university I need to model the skin effect in a semiconductor, so i want to know if you can give me some tips about how to start the modeling. the model is in 2D, I have the 3.4 COMSOLE version. I'd appreciate it a lot... Thanks

Christian Wiedenegger

Posted: 1 decade ago 12 lug 2011, 01:18 GMT-4
Hello Carlos,

if u want to show the skineffect in a 2D Model on Comsol you should have a look at the model "Skin effect in wire"
in the online model documentation.

www.comsol.com/showroom/documentation/model/79/

This model uses Comsol 3.5a and gives a simple explanation about this problem.

I hope this will help u
chris
Hello Carlos, if u want to show the skineffect in a 2D Model on Comsol you should have a look at the model "Skin effect in wire" in the online model documentation. http://www.comsol.com/showroom/documentation/model/79/ This model uses Comsol 3.5a and gives a simple explanation about this problem. I hope this will help u chris

Posted: 1 decade ago 18 mar 2012, 12:49 GMT-4
Hello Christian Wiedenegger,
I'm able to simulate skin effect concept . Can you please share your comsol file with me.

Hoping for your quick and positive reply.

WR
Hello Christian Wiedenegger, I'm able to simulate skin effect concept . Can you please share your comsol file with me. Hoping for your quick and positive reply. WR

Posted: 1 decade ago 18 mar 2012, 12:49 GMT-4
Hello Christian Wiedenegger,
I'm able to simulate skin effect concept . Can you please share your comsol file with me.

Hoping for your quick and positive reply.

WR
Hello Christian Wiedenegger, I'm able to simulate skin effect concept . Can you please share your comsol file with me. Hoping for your quick and positive reply. WR

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.