Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Magnetic field Ac sweep how?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi to all

i have a model with 2 Magnets that i defined them with a constant magnetization

and i have a constant Magnetic field.

i want it to be AC what should i do

is there a possibility those magnets will have ac field?

can i create ac magnitization?

or i should look at the frequancy simulation?

and then how will i implement this ac magnetic field ?

are any other ways

Best regards
Arye

2 Replies Last Post 13 apr 2011, 18:07 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 13 apr 2011, 15:50 GMT-4
Hi

as you have not stated version or physics, I assume V4 (latest patch) and MF physics. Then your are best out with a frequency domain analysis. If you check the formulas, you will see that the "i*omega" is multiplying A. This should allow you to define the amplitude of the fields, but the results are mainly average per amplitude.

however you might want to scan the frequency domain
--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi as you have not stated version or physics, I assume V4 (latest patch) and MF physics. Then your are best out with a frequency domain analysis. If you check the formulas, you will see that the "i*omega" is multiplying A. This should allow you to define the amplitude of the fields, but the results are mainly average per amplitude. however you might want to scan the frequency domain -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 13 apr 2011, 18:07 GMT-4
Thanks a lot for your fast response

you right about version 4.1 and MF physics

and yes i'll want to do a sweep on those frequncies in the future

but first of all i want to see it one specific freq is ok.

is the Magnets magnitization formula is going to be ac(in your advice)? or you ment to somthing else? some else way to create the magnetic ac field in the space

thanks again
and
Best regards,
Arye
Thanks a lot for your fast response you right about version 4.1 and MF physics and yes i'll want to do a sweep on those frequncies in the future but first of all i want to see it one specific freq is ok. is the Magnets magnitization formula is going to be ac(in your advice)? or you ment to somthing else? some else way to create the magnetic ac field in the space thanks again and Best regards, Arye

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.