Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

CutPoint 3D and mesh

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

When defining a CutPoint 3D grid, I obtain more points than in my defined mesh : how points of the CutPoint grid are obtain from the mesh ?

Which type of interpolation is used?

5 Replies Last Post 7 apr 2011, 09:27 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 6 apr 2011, 05:44 GMT-4
Hi

I'm not sure about the interpolation level (probably 2nd order or linked to the shape function order) but the points you define are interpolated from the closest mesh points (from my understanding)

To visualize the mesh points and edges, use a the WIREFRAME rendering for your results, with no smoothing enhancement (see under Quality in your plots node)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I'm not sure about the interpolation level (probably 2nd order or linked to the shape function order) but the points you define are interpolated from the closest mesh points (from my understanding) To visualize the mesh points and edges, use a the WIREFRAME rendering for your results, with no smoothing enhancement (see under Quality in your plots node) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 6 apr 2011, 06:52 GMT-4

Thanks you Ivar.
I guess that people at COMSOL should know or can I find this information somewhere ?

Thanks you Ivar. I guess that people at COMSOL should know or can I find this information somewhere ?

Posted: 1 decade ago 7 apr 2011, 05:56 GMT-4
Ivar,

I do not have any Quality option in the node menu.
Thanks for your help.
Ivar, I do not have any Quality option in the node menu. Thanks for your help.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 7 apr 2011, 07:46 GMT-4
Hi

I do see below

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I do see below -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 7 apr 2011, 09:27 GMT-4
thank you very much Ivar.
thank you very much Ivar.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.