Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

access components of a vector

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

I am newbie for comsol. I want to integrate the cross product between Electric field components (Ex,Ey,Ez) and radius vector (r -originating from the origin [0,0,0]) defined as r=sqrt(x^2+y^2+z^2) inside a domain (volume). integral ( r x E)

I am unable to figure out how to use the vector components of radius vector r. So that I am able to define them as global variable by evaluating the following expression.

| i j k |
| rx ry rz |
| Ex Ey Ez |

Later I could integrate them on the desired domain.

P.S. I am using comsol version 3.5a.

Thanks,

3 Replies Last Post 6 mar 2011, 08:10 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 6 mar 2011, 06:21 GMT-5
Hi

I'm not fully following you:

rx,ry,rz isn't that your x,y,z ?

and the integration of a cross product isn't it a vector integration so its three integrations ?

of the type (int(y*Ez-z*Ey), -int(x*Ez-z*Ex), int(x*Ey-y*Ex))

I might have got the cross product up side down, pls check, and I might have completely missed your poit ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I'm not fully following you: rx,ry,rz isn't that your x,y,z ? and the integration of a cross product isn't it a vector integration so its three integrations ? of the type (int(y*Ez-z*Ey), -int(x*Ez-z*Ex), int(x*Ey-y*Ex)) I might have got the cross product up side down, pls check, and I might have completely missed your poit ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 6 mar 2011, 06:28 GMT-5
Thanks Ivar for the answer. I must admit it turned out to be a silly question ;).
Thanks Ivar for the answer. I must admit it turned out to be a silly question ;).

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 6 mar 2011, 08:10 GMT-5
Hi

no questions are silly, replies might b, often one manage to give onself a reply by asking the question ;)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi no questions are silly, replies might b, often one manage to give onself a reply by asking the question ;) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.