Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Extracting end values and use them as initial values on the same geometry in new simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

My problem is the following:
I have a certain rectangle A (2D) with a uniform initial temperature. On top this rectangle A there is another rectangle B with also a (different) uniform initial temperature.

After computing the Time Dependent solution, the temperatures of rectangle A and B are not uniform anymore.
Now, I would like to extract/save the temperature end values and use them in a next simulation as initial values where I add another third rectangle C to the geometry.

To do so, I have two m-files: one with rectangle A & B and one m-file with rectangle A, B & C.

The question is: how can I (via the Matlab Livelink) use the end values of rectangle A & B as initial values of rectangle A and B in the next simulation?

I know the function:
T = mpheval(model,'T','dataset','dset1');
which gives me the end temperature, but how can this be used a initial value for the another simulation (geometry stays the same!)?

I hope one of you can help,

Regards,

Peter

0 Replies Last Post 10 feb 2011, 07:56 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Peter Sohl

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.