Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Eddy currents, non-linearity.

Joao Vicente Goncalves Rocha

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

First of all English is not my home language, so forgive me for any minor errors.

I´m a beginner user of comsol and I´m trying to simulate the effect of eddy currents in different samples. So, in order to change the electromagnetic characteristcs of these metal, I need to load differents hysteresis curves for them.

My first problem is that in not fully convinced in what type of model to use. No I´m using an 2D axysimetric -> Quasi-static, Magnetic -> Azimuthal Induction Current -> Small Signal Analysis -> Transient Bias. I chose that because this problem in very non-linear and I need a AC current with a frequency of 4kHZ in the azimuthal direction. So is that ok?

Secondly, I think I´m doing something wrong with the hysteresis curves. To add them i created a new material and imported a file with only the positive parts of them.

If you please can check all my model, and the equation I use in those material I created, I will be very aprecciated. And it will help me a LOT.

Thanks!

Ps: I didn´t find how to set the frequency in this analysis, so I need this form you to.

0 Replies Last Post 10 feb 2011, 07:16 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Joao Vicente Goncalves Rocha

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.