Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

TiO2 not existing in Material Library

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

We have recently extended our COMSOL 3.5 license to COMSOl 4 and purchased a license for Radiative transport in participating media. I need to add TiO2 to my system, but it does not exist in the the Built-in library. However, when I was following a course couple of weeks ago in Nootdorp, I have seen TiO2 in the material library of COMSOL 4.
I would like to ask you to kindly let me know, whether TiO2 belongs to another type of physics for which we don't have the license for or is it some problem with the installation? If TiO2 belongs to another Physics, How could I add TiO2 manually to the material library?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Mahsa.

1 Reply Last Post 10 feb 2011, 07:40 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 10 feb 2011, 07:40 GMT-5
Hi

I believe that TiO2 is in the general material library and not in the buil-in local library.
But from what I see in there, it's just standard data you find in any book, or by matweb.

If you are only looking for that material, you should be able to introuce it by hand for far less than the cost of a full library, or download it from matweb. But a full library is also nice t have ;)

nevertheless always check your material data, as its often T and p dependent, you get easily "stupid" errors forgetting to update these, as well as you model becomes sometime unecesarily non-linear and length to solve. so using constants well know is the safest starting point, details can be achieved later with "improved" material data

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I believe that TiO2 is in the general material library and not in the buil-in local library. But from what I see in there, it's just standard data you find in any book, or by matweb. If you are only looking for that material, you should be able to introuce it by hand for far less than the cost of a full library, or download it from matweb. But a full library is also nice t have ;) nevertheless always check your material data, as its often T and p dependent, you get easily "stupid" errors forgetting to update these, as well as you model becomes sometime unecesarily non-linear and length to solve. so using constants well know is the safest starting point, details can be achieved later with "improved" material data -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.