Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Reset History doesn´t work! COMSOL Error: Unknown Geometry

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

what I want to do ist to run a COMSOL model in Matlab.
Therefore I tried to reset the history in Comsol 4.0a, to get the filesize of the corresponding m-file as small as possible.

But it isn´t possible to reset the history because of the following error message:
"Unknown geometry, Name: wp5" (see the attached file)

wp5 seems to be a workplane. Even if I disable wp5 and rebuild the geometry the error still exists.

Has anyone an idea how to solve this problem?

Thanks,
Daniel

3 Replies Last Post 23 mar 2011, 13:29 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 18 nov 2010, 05:42 GMT-5
Hi

I can only suiggest get hands on a 4.1 as quickly as possible, it's probably fixed therein

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I can only suiggest get hands on a 4.1 as quickly as possible, it's probably fixed therein -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 23 mar 2011, 12:43 GMT-4
I also have this problem. Does anyone know why this happens? Also, it seems to only have a problem with the very last work plane. So if you were to delete wp5, then it would complain about wp4 instead.
I also have this problem. Does anyone know why this happens? Also, it seems to only have a problem with the very last work plane. So if you were to delete wp5, then it would complain about wp4 instead.

Posted: 1 decade ago 23 mar 2011, 13:29 GMT-4
Update: I removed all the workplanes until it worked. It seems that comsol will reset history if you only have workplanes up to wp2. This doesn't work if you have only 2 workplanes but one of them is named wp3 or higher.
Update: I removed all the workplanes until it worked. It seems that comsol will reset history if you only have workplanes up to wp2. This doesn't work if you have only 2 workplanes but one of them is named wp3 or higher.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.