Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

heat irradiation by a flash lamp

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hello,

i´ve done some tutorials e.g. thermal effect in electronic conductors or the phenomena of steady conduction currents and heat generation in an aluminum film deposited on a silicon substrate.
very helpful!!

now i wanna simulate:

- heat irradiation by a flash lamp for thermal annealing of a silicon substrate (heat transfer by conduction)

i´ve choosen the model heat transfer by conduction (transient analysis).
the system of the coupled PDE looks like :
1. heat flow equation with an external heat source Q (flash lamp)
2. Q (t,z,a) = Qo * exp (-a*z) , where a is the absorptions coefficient of the silicon substrate and z the height coordinate, Qo stands for the pulse of the flash (Qo=f(t))

my questions are:

1. how can i input the equation for the external heat source Q (t,z,a) ? sub domain settings or boundary settings of the silicon substrate? or is it better to define a external geometry (by work plane) for the flash lamp and set there the property of the heat source?
2. how can i input the function Qo(t) of the pulse of the flash?

Thank you in advance!

0 Replies Last Post 19 ott 2010, 07:50 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Susette Germer

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.