Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Parameter sweep breaking geometry

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I've been having a really frustrating problem with parameter sweep, and was wondering if anyone has any insight:

I am simulating the 2D cross-section of a co-planar waveguide, and am sweeping over a series of parameters that vary this cross-section. The parameter sweep worked perfectly fine initially, but after returning to the file after a few days, every subsequent computation of the same parameter sweep breaks the geometry. I can change the parameter manually, build the geometry, and everything works fine, but as soon as I try to sweep over multiple values at once in the study section, not only will the geometry be wrong in the final data, but it will also break the actual geometry in the component, and I will have to reconfigure a few features in the geometry. I have tried several different implementations of the geometry and the same issue persists. In the attached file, the specific problem is that the "delete" feature in the geometry gets broken, introducing a few extra domains. I have tried using boolean features (union, difference, etc), as well as virtual operations to remove these domains, but the issue is always the same. After the parameter sweep, these deleted regions will always be filled in again.

The fact that the parameter sweep worked before and doesn't now is particularly confusing to me, and I am at a complete loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

0 Replies Last Post 25 lug 2016, 17:02 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Bootstrapper

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.